Tuesday, February 19, 2013

At the Edison Festival of Light

At the Edison Festival of Light this past weekend, where soldiers ride around shooting up downtown as part of the parade, I saw something else that squares even less with what I expect of life. A guy was selling cell phone holsters. I admit you sure don’t want to carry it in your hand all day. And God knows you can’t just leave it home. Or in the toilet. So I get all that. But he had a poster up that read: “HANDS FREE TO ENJOY LIFE”. I guess I’m down with that too. But that caption was over a picture of somebody golfing.

I’m sure there was a lot more meaning there but all I can get is these days, you have to get a cell phone holster so you can golf.

What a poor thing life has become.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:54 PM

    I am just happy, I have free air conditioning and electricity to plug in. So who even needs the hard sweaty work of golf? But then, I've done written a speech for them state senate and state house guys here at the school board. Trying to yield my time to another. So why even speak? I can just kinda type. But I'd love to see my ole friend Tom.

    ReplyDelete