Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Panama

I went to Panama recently and saw what a real warning label looks like on a cigaret pack. Several different images are randomly placed on all packs. One features the open mouth of someone with mouth and teeth rotted by smoking. My favorite features a dead rat beside a backstroking roach, drawing the link between ingredients in rat and roach poison and “smokes.” Perhaps in Arabian countries they depict a dead camel.

I used to be proud of United States warning labels until I saw what can be done in what they call “the developing world” where people lack our modern advantages. Before I ever saw a cigaret pack there I had noticed nobody smoked. The only people I ever saw smoking in Panama were European tourists. Guess it'll never happen here. This attack on a huge health problem is just too simple, effective and bad for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment