Monday, January 22, 2018

as long as it's sharper than cheese

I was selling my surprisingly grate books this weekend at the Fellsmere Frogleg Festival.  Talk about squandering a great abbreviation!  Anyway, guy next to me selling Cutco knives.  I was astounded by the many people who walked excitedly to his booth and then paid hundreds of dollars for a knife or two.  Eknife already!  Who knew you could fondle a knife,, examine it and discover so many fascinating and utilitarian aspects to it.  It's a knife.  That's all it is. They have knives at the thrift shop for a dollar, I wanted to yell.

Maybe it was sour grapes.  Despite the cutting edge grammar and rapier wit in my books,  they chose his product over mine for ten times the price.   One observation was unavoidable, that many Americans take greater care in choosing their kitchen utensils than their White House occupant..

No comments:

Post a Comment